Been a while since I started this category, but as I’m getting back in to using my oil burner and a bit of aromatherapy, thought it was high time to get back to it!
Today’s oil burner mix is from a google search for ‘uplifting essential oils’, which brought me to this Liz Earle page. I’m currently using a mix of 3 drops lemon, 1 bergamot, and 1 lavender – and it’s lovely! Lemon can sometimes seem a little kitchen cleaner-y, but this is very well balanced and refreshing.
Lemon oil is a citrus and thus generally held to be refreshing, energizing and uplifting, and good for aiding concentration.
For blending, citruses tend to go well together, so lime, orange, neroli, bergamot, etc. The list from other sites seems to include almost everything – lemon seems to be quite the versatile one! I like the idea of matching it with spicy (ginger, black pepper) or earthy scents, or to add a bit of zing to balance out florals (geranium, rose, ylang ylang).
- lemon, orange, lime – very refreshing!
- lemon, bergamot, orange – more classic citrus combos
- 3 drops lemon, 1 drop bergamot, 1 drop lavender – uplifting and nicely balanced
- 1 lemon, 2 bergamot, 2 lavender – a more soothing version of the above
- 2 lemon, 2 bergamot, 2 frankincense – bright and cheery