And here we are at the end of the month, and I want to reflect ahead of planning for the new month…
Things that went well include:
- Maintaining my meditation practice – 22 day streak achieved!
- Gratitude and achievement journal; a nice way to end the day
- The wall tracker (see below) – I had worried this was too much tracking, but it’s working really well – I adore Habitica but there’s room for the added the visual of the streaks/trends
- Decluttering started – nowhere near the KonMarie, but I started chucking out some long-lurking items, including clearing two shelves of books I finally admitted I was never going to read
- Working on improving my coding – made all the easier with the discovery of Code Wars, this is now fun and nicely chunked, and very much beneficial!
- Started back with Duolingo French, as it’s just 2 mins so even if not my top aim it’s still something
- Started the 2 mins for another hobby/habit – early days, but did several sessions on zentangle, and more blogging/writing, which is definitely easing my sense of never doing these things!
And looking ahead:
- I’ve picked up with The Joy Diet (again again!) as I’ve always floundered before on task 1: 15 minutes ‘nothing’ (meditation-esque) per day. Sort of done that now! Although I’ve generally been doing 10 mins, so chance to up that a little and move on with the book at long last!
- My plans for fitness didn’t materialise in January, not least because I felt under the weather for about all of it! But we’re past the January NYR phase now, I guess, so I can also move past the mental block of how horribly busy the gym might be.
- Social stuff was also pretty much abandoned for the month, which made for a nice break when I wasn’t feeling great, but isn’t a state I want to continue in permanently – and looky, Feb 1st/2nd both have plans already!
- Tying the above two points: hoping more exercise gives me more energy to better keep up with all the stuff I want to do.
- My card/month minimum was covered at the start of the month, but we’re heading for a new one now and I have birthdays to consider for end Feb and start March.
- Miles to go with the decluttering – lucky I enjoy it! 🙂